Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Wash!

Last week was a wash! I was sick all week and I did not exercise at all. I was just too sick to do anything other than cook, clean, and change diapers. And, I was not as strict with my diet because no one wants to diet when they are feeling crummy. You just want to eat what you want to eat, when you want to eat it. But, I did try to stay my hand when it came to portions.

So, last week, I lost no weight, but I also gained no weight. Total wash.

But, today I am feeling better and I will be working out this week and I want to see those pounds continue to fall off!

I found out this weekend that my brother Jake (my oldest) is also on a weightloss quest so that he can get a better life insurance policy. He has already lost 15 pounds (same as me) and he is only 3 pounds heavier than me. This is depressing. My brother, who is taller, and broader, and more muscley should weigh significantly more than me. And, he has dropped his weight significantly faster than me. Men are so annoying in this way. Their weight can go up and down so easily when I feel like I am fighting for every pound.

I know that it is not a competition... but, in my family, it is ALWAYS a competition. Life is a competition. And I really want to win it.

So, I have new determination to try hard this week.

Also, I tried a new birth control last week and it was awful! I had cramps every day and crazy mood swings, so I have already stopped taking it. I will have to find a different method because my body is not ready yet for another baby, but I hate feeling pain and craziness from hormone drugs. Birth controls and me just don't go well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment