Thursday, May 24, 2012

Making a Change

This post is on birth control, so if you feel that is a TMI, stop reading now.

For the past year, I have been using the Depo shot as my birth control and I've decided to make a change. This form of birth control is a shot that I get once every three months. I have multiple problems with this birth control.

1. The shot is known to cause women to gain weight and I feel like it is part of the problem with my slowness in losing my weight.
2. It causes bleeding that can sometimes last weeks.
3. It is hard to plan a pregnancy around this shot because it takes 6-9 months to wear off. Which means that I have to plan trying to get pregnant 9 months in advance.  I say 9 months because that is how long it took for me to get pregnant with Dan after I had the shot.

So, I've decided to make a change. Hopefully, it will help me in losing my weight faster and it will make it easier when I do decided to get pregnant.

I know there are a lot of birth control options out there, and I just need to find the one that is right for me. One that doesn't make me sick and doesn't make me fat.

2 comments:

  1. I love my IUD. LOVE IT. I had one after I had Jack too and I was able to get preg 2 months after taking it out! Very little side effects. I did bleed for like a month after getting it in but once you get that over with, it's happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worry so much about IUDs. I knew a girl who got one and the nurse who put it in tore her insides and it got infected and the girl ended up in a coma for months because of it. Scary stuff can happen with those things. But, there are risks with every birth control.

    ReplyDelete