Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Discouraged

I'm feeling a little discouraged. I've been eating healthy and exercising 3 to 5 times a week for a month now and my results just aren't happening fast. I know that if I want fast results, I would have to do some extreme changes, especially to my diet and I just don't feel ready for it.

When I first decided to do this, it was when I stepped on the scale and saw 230lbs. And it was the weight I was when I was 7 months along with both of my kids and that was just too depressing. Now, I'm at 220lbs, which lets face it is not that much of a difference. 10lbs in a month? That is nothing.

I want another baby. I want our family to grow, but my body is not prepared to get pregnant again. Getting pregnant at this weight would be very unhealthy and would increase my risks during pregnancy. I would be at risk for diabetes, and all sorts of other things. So, I really need to lose the weight before I can get pregnant again. My goal is to be pregnant around the beginning of next year, so I MUST lose another 30 pounds in the next 7 months.

I have a realistic mind. I know that if I continue with my current regiment, I can't continue to lose 10 pounds a month. There are plateaus and things to overcome when doing weight loss and you have to change things up to continue.

I think I'm discouraged recently because I have been stressed at work. Work has been hard, I have been getting told that I am doing things wrong a lot lately. Which is not entirely my fault. I've been doing what I've been told to do, it just isn't what the higher ups want to see, they just aren't very good at telling me beforehand what they want things to look like and it is frustrating feeling like I can't do anything right and being forced to repeat my work so many times.

So, my first thing I go to when I am stressed is treats. I eat cookies and chips and snacks to just get through the day without crying because I'm so emotional from being yelled at everyday. I've tried very hard and successfully avoided the vending machines during this stressful work time, but I've been over eating on my fruits and veggies and going way over on my calories lately. I wish that I were home with my kids and not at work every day. Taking care of the kids is a whole other set of emotional and frustrating circumstances, but at the end of the day, I will always love my kids. I love my job less and less lately.

And thus, I am discouraged. I want things to happen magically, even though I know that they won't. There is so much emotion from other things in my life that I start to defer my emotion to my weight loss rather than putting it where it belongs. I'm discouraged with my job, I'm missing my husband as he is gone four nights a week at school, and I'm missing my kids while I'm at a job that I am not enjoying.

Maybe next week will be better.

1 comment:

  1. Chico, do not be discoooooouraged (name that show). Bec, 10 pounds in a month is amazing! I'm not losing that much and I have the cheating factor of nursing. 10 pounds in a month means you were losing a pound every three days. Go hold a pound of something, a pound of cheese or beans or whatever, and think about how every few days you got rid of that. Maybe you won't lose 10 pounds every single month, hopefully not since if you did that for a year you would weigh 110 pounds (and I would call you skeletor). Even if you did five a month you would easily reach your goal! You're thinking too much about crazy diets that make you lose 20+ pounds in a month. Forget those! They don't work because as soon as you're done with them you gain some if not all of it back. Think of the parents, they can't keep any weight off them because they refuse to make lifestyle changes. I'm sorry work is stressful, sounds like they're being jerk heads. I experienced this on a much much smaller scale at my internship when my manager wouldn't tell me how to do things, I would do them, then she would tell me I had done them wrong, and then she wouldn't even tell me how she wanted them done. I still want to punch her in her overmake-uped face. I'll double punch your bosses if it comes down to it. I'll hop a flight and get my punchin' fists ready. Don't succumb to treats. If you're aggravated and want to destress, try some yoga breathing, send me a ranty chat, or squeeze a stressball or something. Then go home and take it out on your eliptical. You are awesome and I'm so proud and glad that you are being serious about this. It is amazing that you are prioritizing your health and the health of future baby. I love you, sis.

    P.S. Let's be preggers at the same time, it could be the coolest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete