Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Workout Routine

So, I'm still working on getting a solid workout routine and some days I'm just too tired to do anything, but I am still trying to do some sort of exercise 3-4 times a week (even though my original goal was 5 times a week). Finding the time is the hardest part of this, which is why it is so inconsistent.

Last Week-

Monday: Just Dance for 30 minutes and stretch for 10 (while the kids played at my feet)
Tuesday: Jog with the stroller to the park taking the long way (I wanted to Just Dance, but found that I had Wii elbow. It's a real thing!).
Wednesday: Attempt to Zumba with Marie and then have the kids attack us and ask for things every three seconds and make it impossible. Then, give up and don't exercise at all.
Thursday: Wake up to Dan at 5:45am, bottle him, get on my elliptical and go for 20 minutes and stretch for 10 minutes. Then, go to work at 7am.
Friday: Calesthenics for 10 minutes, Yoga for 20 minutes, and stretch for 10. Marie taught me some calesthenic moves.
Saturday: Be super lazy and don't do any exercise!
Sunday: I never exercise on Sunday as it is a rest day.

This Week-

Monday: Zumba for 20 minutes, Yoga for 20 minutes and stretch for 10.
Tuesday: Calesthenics for 10 minutes, Weight lifting for 10 minutes and stretch for 10.
Wednesday: I intend to jump on my eliptical tonight and do some cardio, but I am really sore from my calesthenics yesterday and yoga on Monday. Yoga is hard!


All of my workouts are done in my own home (or in my neighborhood if I am walking with the kids). I do this because I barely get time with my family, I'm not going to take more time away from them. I like the exercise. It gives me more energy and I can feel myself getting stronger. I thought that I would really hate it, but my family has been really supportive and have lent me some of their at home workout dvds so that I can change up my exercise and keep it interesting.

My workouts are short, usually about 20 minutes per activity, but I try to keep it intense so that I am straining through the activity and getting a good workout.

I hope that this works for me because I don't plan on buying a workout program, I just don't think that it would be for me. I like designing my own and doing what I feel like doing that day without guilt because some exercise is better than no exercise. Even if it is just dancing in front of the Wii with my kids.

1 comment:

  1. Ok Becky...this is Becki :) Since I saw you at Marie's the other day...I've been wanting to find your blog and now I've FOUND it!!!
    Anyways...GOOD JOB!!! You are doing GREAT...pounds AND inches lost...that means whatever you are doing IS working!!! GOOD JOB!!! As for being discouraged...I know it's hard to think about or do...but I would highly suggest staying away from the scale so often!?!?! It's hard to get on it and NOT see changes...at least it was for me. But it's up to you...Also...if you would like to TRY Slim in 6...you could borrow the first dvd!?!?! It's only 25 minutes long and is VERY basic and do-able!!! It teaches you basics and helps you see what you are working and gives good advice...so if you would like it I've got it and you can try it!!! There are 3 dvd's in the set...and you're welcome to try them!! Once you do them...you remember the moves and you can do them whenever and where-ever that is convenient for you!!! So let me know...I'd love to share!!!
    Anyways...there's just a little thought from me...take it or leave it...I just wanted you to know that I admire you!!! You CAN do this...and it really does make a person happier and have more energy to bring these things into their lives. I've REALLY been slacking the last month and I'm hating life right now...time to get BACK on the band-wagon and pick up where I left off. I have a LOT more to do and lose...(that I'd like to at least)...and it's not happening with what I'm doing now. So!?!?! Gotta make the changes...
    Alright...sorry this comment is SO long...but I'm glad I found you blog...and I hope you keep going and pushing through the hard times...you are strong and you CAN do this!!! I'm here to help and would LOVE to do what I can to support!?!?! We can run/walk/exercise together!! It's always more fun with other people!!!

    ReplyDelete