Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sick or Not?

Last night I was doing fine. I got my new immersion blender in the mail and I tested it out to see if I could make fruit smoothies at work and sure enough it works great! Then, I hopped on my elliptical and did 25 minutes (at a level 3) and 10 minutes of stretching. And when I was done stretching, it hit me. I was suddenly very nauseated.

At first, I thought that maybe I had gone too hard on the elliptical and gotten nauseated from dehydration. I know level three doesn't sound hard, but when you are as out of shape as I am, it is a hard workout. But, then the lower digestion hit me and I felt like me intestines were boiling. Then, I got the shakes and the aches. I did not feel good at all.

Plus, Nicole was up and complaining that her tummy hurt and I thought, oh no. Nicole and I were up late... which means that Matt was too. I took some tylenol and some anti-nausea and just hoped that I wouldn't throw up because that is just the worst. I hate throwing up with a passion. But, I couldn't sleep and I was up until... I don't know... 3am? 4am? I kept drifting off and then waking when my abdomen boiled. I don't know if I got much sleep at all. (Luckily, Nicole fell asleep around midnight.)

I woke up this morning at 7am and... fine. No stomach cramping, no nausea, just an awful taste in my mouth from the Gatorade I was drinking all night and some fatigue.

So, was I sick? Was I not? I have no idea. But, I certainly didn't like whatever was going on. Maybe I just ate something that didn't agree with me? I'm feeling betterish today, so hopefully it stays that way. I'm at work... but man am I tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment