Thursday, June 7, 2012

Insanity is Insane

So, I have been moving forward with the Insanity workouts even though they are very difficult and some of the moves I am not yet able to do.

I am really liking it. It is hard, like really really hard and I am drenched in sweat at the end of every work out, but I also feel good after every work out. I feel energized and I sleep better, and it is definitely challenging me and I like a challenge.

A lot of the moves in Insanity require a lot of flexibility and upper body strength. I'm fairly flexible except when it comes to my middle. Sometimes, my too large tummy gets in the way of me being able to do the exercise or the stretch. But, hopefully, the tummy will go down and I will be able to do more.

The other thing that I have trouble with is the push-ups. I can't do one push-up... let alone three sets of 10. I think that as I build up my arm muscles and as I drop my weight, I will someday be able to do a real push-up. My 213lbs is just too much to be hefting up and down.

So far, I have stuck to the 30-40 minute work outs for Insanity. At first, I couldn't even finish the 40 minute work out, but now I am able to finish them, but I know that I would not be able to do the "Max" one hour work outs. I've stuck with the circuit workouts that have frequent rests and I am afraid of the "Pure Cardio" that is non-stop 35 minutes cardio.

Matt has started to do some of the Insanity work outs with me on the nights when he doesn't have homework to do and it really pushes me to try harder in my work outs because I have someone there beside me doing the same thing. Sometimes I make up competitions in my head to continue as long as Matt does with an exercise.

So, I will continue on with Insanity because I like it and there are so many different workouts that I don't get bored. But, we shall see if the workouts pay off on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment