Wednesday, August 8, 2012

TMI

This post is a TMI post, so if you are uncomfortable reading about periods and pregnancy, don't read this post.

My exercise and diet program have been a little off as of late. First, I got injured at church and couldn't do my regular Insanity work outs with my injury. I still can't, my shoulder still hurts, but I can do my elliptical.

Then, about two weeks ago, I started feeling nauseated. I was nauseated every morning and night. I started to feel exhausted and grumpy and picking foods that I wanted to eat became challenging because most things sounded bad.

I immediately did period math and realized that it had been 31 days since my last period. I decided to wait it out a few days and see what happened. After a couple of days, nothing had happened, so I went and bought a pregnancy test. Negative.

Now some back story. I have been using the Depo shot for birth control and I usually do not have a period. When my shot was due in May, I opted not to get my booster because I want to get pregnant at the end of the year and last time I used this shot, it took me nine months after the shot to get pregnant, so I have to plan WAY in advance.

But, I didn't want to get pregnant in May if my Depo wore off after three months. So, I started using the Nuva ring. Which, I only used for a week because it gave me painful cramps and messed with my emotions. I was up and down and crazy lady. So, I opted to start tracking my cycles myself and becoming my own birth control through being very aware of where I was in my cycle. I bought a book and everything to teach myself how to do this.

The only problem with this plan is that my body is totally thrown off. After I stopped my Depo I got a period. Then, when I stopped the Nuva Ring, I got another period. Then, 22 days later, I got another period. It was obvious that my body was out of whack and NOT on regular cycles. I didn't seem to be ovulating at all either.

So, when I started feeling pregnant at the end of July, I thought that it was very unlikely since my body has been so off. So, I waited a week. But, I was still feeling sick and tired. So, I took another test... still negative. So, I continue onward. It has been 47 days since my last period. I have had cramping but no bleeding, still nauseated and exhausted.

So, I've tried working out, but I feel exhausted and dizzy after fifteen hard minutes on the elliptical. I have been forcing myself to continue with my mostly veggie diet even though it usually makes me feel more sick and I end up eating a lot less because the veggies make me sick.

Additionally, I have stopped losing weight. My diet hasn't changed too much, other than that I am eating less. And my exercise is a lot less since I just don't seem to have the energy to do much. I get off work (sitting down for 8 hours) and I'm so tired! I actually started gaining weight again. It is really annoying since I have been working so hard to lose.

I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm obviously not pregnant because two pregnancy tests have told me so, but there is something wrong with me. I'm going to keep trying with the diet and the exercise as I can and if things persist for the next couple weeks, I will go to the doctor.

I've heard of women skipping periods for one or two months, but in the past, when I'm not on birth control, I have been fairly regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment